11.16.2009

Embodied

Today's Photo: (taken last night) "It's a Wonderful Life"


“The whole concept of God taking on human shape, and all the liturgy and ritual around that, had simply never made any sense to me. That was because, I realized one wonderful day, it was so simple. For people with bodies, important things like love have to be embodied. That’s all. God had to be embodied, or else people with bodies would never
in a trillion years understand about love.”

- Jane Vonnegut Yarmolinsky


Happy Monday.
Is your week off to a good start?

I’ve been pondering the quote at the top of this post.
I’m trying not to over-analyze it, and instead – just absorb it. In general, I think it contains a lot of poetic, beautiful, genuine reflections about the Incarnation – God coming to us through Jesus.

I’m still filled with smiles reflection on the dinner I hosted last night.
Primarily, I am still quite ecstatic about everyone playing Dance Dance Revolution. Highly terrific!

Today is an “I love people” day.
I like those kind of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment