11.14.2009

No More Corn & Quality TV?

The corn around my house got harvested today. It seems so weird without it! I feel so exposed on all sides without my cornstalks protecting me.

Today was the Fall Bazaar at church. It was delightful. I sat with a couple in their mid-90s. The man said, "Well, I sure have seen a lot in my life. First the radio. Now the tv...but there's so much garbage on these days." His wife said that she likes Wheel of Fortune and The Price is Right. They were quite delightful. Such a wonderful perspective on life. It did make me feel a little embarrassed about the terrible television that is on 90% of the time. I'm not sure why, but as I was talking with them, I felt this deep sense of responsibility for today's lack of quality programming. I wanted to recommend the show "Mad Men" but I didn't - because even it is quite racy. I guess Lawrence Welk is still on public television. No dirty language or promiscuity there.

I can't believe it's almost Sunday again! Seriously, these weeks zoom, zoom, zoom.

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Any quality t.v. recommendations that I can pass on to my two new friends in their 90s?

No comments:

Post a Comment