11.19.2009

Sassy and Spunky


Today's Photo (Taken earlier this fall): "Sunshine Leaf"


“I’ve been sassy and spunky ever since I was little. And now it’s really paying off.”


This is definitely my favorite quote of today. It was expressed to me earlier today by an 80-something-year-old woman who’s survived 5 heart attacks and a list of other ailments. Her body keeps persevering. She’s strong, opinionated, and sharp as can be.

I feel inclined to spend the remainder of today (and perhaps my life) being sassy and spunky.

I’ve been pondering whether there’s a biblical precedent for sass and spunk. And, I’m going to have to say, Yes. Yes there is! A non-exhaustive list of biblical figures with spunk and sass: Abraham, Sarah, Hagar, Rebekah, Joseph, Moses, Jonah, Ruth, Esther, David, Daniel, Jesus, the Syrophoenician woman, and Paul.

So, my advice: Go for it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,nice to "meeting" you:).
    I belived Jesus,too.You have here pretty photos and intresting blog.Here Finland is now cound,but no snow this moment here near Helsinki.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,nice to "meeting" you:).
    I belived Jesus,too.You have here pretty photos and intresting blog.Here Finland is now cound,but no snow this moment here near Helsinki.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete