1.26.2010



This week's interesting person is Jonathan Mead. He is the creator of the website Illuminated Mind. It's all about rediscovering your passions and living with intention. Thanks for a wonderful interview, Jonathan! (Readers, you'll instantly like him after reading the answer to the first question!)

1. Where do you feel most comfortable? At home with my wife. Nothing else in the world can compare to spending time with her at home.

2. Describe your average day in one word. Focused.

3. Who are the people who most inspire you? This is tough to answer. A lot of people inspire me that come from many different backgrounds and areas of interest. Spiritually, Thich Nhat Hanh and Deepak Chopra inspire me. In health, Kevin Gianni and Nathalie Lussierare a huge source of inspiration. Within fitness Nhan, my martial arts teacher and Ido Portal are very inspiring to me. I could go on all day.

4. What do you love about your work? I love that I'm blessed to know what I want to do and what most makes me come alive. I love that I'm able to serve and help others while doing something that I'm extremely passionate about that. Every day I wake up with gratitude.

5. What is your most beloved hobby? My biggest hobby right now is Jeet Kune Do, that martial arts system developed by the late Bruce Lee. It's more than self defense and fighting movement, it's a way for me to express my body and practice self development in a physical way.

6. What are you reading? I'm currently reading Walden by Henry David Thoreau and Stretching Scientifically by Tom Kurz. Two opposite ends of the spectrum if there ever were any.

7. What is the best advice you've ever received? Do what you are afraid to do, and test your assumptions.

8. What movie or television show do you think everyone should be required to watch? The Prestige is one of my recent favorite movies. Christian Bale is an artist. Watch anything with him and you probably can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment