5.11.2010

People Are Interesting: Rachel Saldana




Today's interesting person is a highly creative photographer & mom. Her name is Rachel Saldana and she is the creator of the blog: buttons magee (so fun, check it out)!

1. Where do you feel most comfortable? I feel comfortable pretty much anywhere, but I would have to say in my home. I just love being at home.

2. Describe your average day in one word. chauffer

3. Who are the people who most inspire you? My other artist friends- they continually push me to be better.

4. What do you love about your work? Well, as a mom I love seeing those big growth moments in my children...the ones where you can tell they are really absorbing something essential to life like compassion and empathy. As a photographer, I love how taking pictures forces me to slow down and really see those glints of greatness in the small moments.

5. What is your most beloved hobby? I am lucky that my hobby and my work are one and the same- photography. But I also love to paint.

6. What are you reading? Zorro by Isabel Allende, one of my favorite writers. Her take on this legendary character is magical.

7. What is the best advice you've ever received? "Just be yourself. If you knew how seldom people actually think about you, you wouldn't worry so much about their opinions." I have seen so many people miss out on great stuff because they are so worried they are going to look silly. I say, jump in with both feet. Who cares if people laugh? You are the one who will leave feeling terrific.

8. What movie or television show do you think everyone should be required to watch? Gosh, I don't think there is any movie or tv show that you should have to see in order for you life to be complete. But I do think it's crazy that people don't go back and watch movies that were before their time.

1 comment: