8.17.2010

Letting Go.


Last night I was out for a walk.
In the distance, I noticed a blonde-haired boy about the age of 7.
He was wearing a light blue shirt and carrying an empty ice cream bucket.

We were walking opposite directions on the sidewalk.

He had a huge smile on his face. I said, "Hello."
He said, "Hello."

Then, a few paces after our paths had crossed, he stopped and called out.

"I just let a frog go free."

I said, "That's wonderful. What color was he?"
The boy said, smiling gleefully, "He was brown."

"I'm sure he's going to have a very nice life. It was kind of you to free him."

He nodded his head up and down repeatedly. "Yep," he said, still with one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen.

Sometimes I forget how much freedom there is in letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment