9.18.2010

A Good Saturday!

At 7am on a Saturday, there is really no more exciting place than the Infusion Therapy Center!

Peace.

Drip, drip, drip. The IVIG is flowing into my veins.

MOM - you're so great. THANK YOU for coming to hang out with me.



Hello folks!
So far, it has been quite a splendid Saturday. Really.
The IVIG experience was primarily positive, although it took about 5 hours instead of 3.
But now I know, and I can plan accordingly for Monday's infusion experience.
Mom came up late last night, and it was wonderful to have her with me.
Thankfully, I didn't have any serious reaction to the medicine/blood product/whatever it is. I have a pretty bad headache, but I guess that's a pretty normal reaction.
I sure hope my little platelets will grow, grow, grow.

I got my very own room in the Infusion Therapy Center. The nurses were all very kind. And there were movies on demand available for viewing! Wow! I can hardly wait to go back for 5 more hours on Monday. :) And I got tapioca pudding.

The wedding at church went wonderfully this afternoon, and now I'm heading over to the reception. It was a beautiful service, and I'm feeling very genuinely humbled and thankful to have been part of it.

5 comments:

  1. Em, thinking about you and your crazy busy weekend of church responsibilities, and I'm hoping this new treatment will work wonders for you! Glad you're so close to Mayo. It's a pretty great place, as we know. Tomorrow is my mom's 10-year anniversary of being diagnosed with and surviving cancer. She had so many people praying for her during that time, and now you do too during this mysterious battle of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad your mom could be there with you! What a long 5 hours it REALLY would've been without someone there!! Praying for you and your platelets, sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can honestly say, I've never had a smile on my face in all the times I've been in the hospital. Keep strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Kristin, Dustin, and Sarah! Your thoughtful comments mean so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so glad your mom could be there with you! What a long 5 hours it REALLY would've been without someone there!! Praying for you and your platelets, sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete