12.14.2010

December 14th - Reverb 10 Project

Brown Leaves


Reverb 10 Daily Prompt: December 14 – Appreciate: What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)

Prayer and I have a love/hate relationship. Is that weird? I hope not. I love prayer. But it also annoys me sometimes. Sometimes I wonder, "Why am I praying? Doesn't God already know? Does it even make a difference?" Then, other times, I think, "I love prayer. I know it's powerful." And still other times, I think, "I don't know why or how this works, but I'm going to choose to believe in prayer."

As I reflect on the past year - and especially the last 6 months, what I appreciate most is certainly prayer. I have been especially touched by the words, "I'm praying for you."

Actually, I've been profoundly touched by those words. Even if God can't hear (and I know God can hear), it means so much to me that people take the time to talk to God on my behalf. And as I think about it now, it makes me weep.

I'm sensing some kind of epiphany coming on. I probably won't feel this way for long (and I didn't feel this way 10 minutes ago), so I better savor it. But for this moment - right now - I sense that there really is a deeper meaning in everything that's happening in my veins. And maybe it has a lot to do with prayer.

Goodnight. I'm saying a prayer of gratitude for you tonight, dear readers.

Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment