12.30.2010

The End of the Month is Nearly Here

A Sunset in December



Can you believe it? December has very nearly reached its conclusion.
How are you feeling as we approach the end of 2010? In some ways, it feels like 2010 just began a few moments ago. In other ways, I am very ready for the beginning of a new year and a new chapter. I've enjoyed the Reverb 10 Journey. I hope you found the reflections to be more interesting than annoying. I'm not sure of what format the blog will take in the year ahead. Sometimes I will most likely ramble. Sometimes I will probably overshare. But always, I will hope that you are enjoying being part of the journey. Please know that I love your comments and emails and warm vibes from all around this crazy world we live in.

May 2011 be the most beautiful, wonderful, surprising chapter of the book so far. Amen.

Reverb 10 Daily Prompt: December 29 – Defining Moment. Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.(Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice)

I was tempted to write something about my blood saga. But I don't think I will.
Because in the end, that blood stuff is not my life's defining chapter or my year's defining moment. Instead, I will describe my garden. Growing those seeds was a true defining moment of 2010. It was a defining moment because for the first time in my life, I grew something - I toiled in the dirt - I brought water to parched earth - I cried as I ate my first garden salad - I saw the beauty of creation in a whole new way. Last spring, I watched as tiny nothings turns into big, delicious somethings. It was a glorious experience.

Reverb 10 Daily Prompt: December 30 - Gift Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? (Author: Holly Root)

Oh my. I tear up thinking about this prompt. I've received many wonderful presents and gifts this year. I especially treasure gifts of time and gifts of story. Some other highlights: a fantastic video camera (thanks Josh), a Bible notecard holder, a bunch of super delicious teas, letters in the mail from other lovely letter writers, a CD mix, visits throughout the year from blessed friends and family, phone calls at just the right moment, encouraging text messages, communion visits with all kinds of church folks, cookies and coffee and stories of the "good old days" during home visits with church folks.

Another big gift of 2010: My mom has given up an amazingly gigantic amount of her time to spend hours and hours and hours with me at the hospital. I live 2.5 hours from her, and yet - she finds a way to be here for every significant test and infusion. For that gift, I am very - immensely - indescribably thankful. She supports me, cheers me on, and never stops believing that soon (and very soon) I'm going to be totally well again. Tomorrow we will wake up at 5:30am to do the ol' routine again, and she'll be smiling while sitting in a very uncomfortable chair for 4 hours. And for my mother - and for her time - I am thankful. She is the most genuine of gifts. Thanks, Mom.

1 comment:

  1. The average adult weighing 150 to 180 pounds should have about 1.2 to 1.5 gallons of blood in their body. Visit my site how many pints of blood in the human body Thanks.

    ReplyDelete