12.03.2010

Reverb 10


I discovered this awesome project last night, and I'm going to participate! Please join in, too, if you'd like. If you click on the image, it will take you to the Reverb site.

The creators of the project provide a different "prompt" for each day of December. These prompts give bloggers and writers food for thought as they reflect on the past year and prepare for the year ahead. I have to play some quick catch-up since I'm starting the plan 2 days late.

Here was the prompt for December 1st: One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)

Response: My word for the past year is: "Challenge." I definitely believe that with every challenge comes a new opportunity, and my year was filled with beautiful opportunities to grow, stretch, and learn. I also believe that life provides some challenges that are just plain stinky, and I experienced the stinky challenge form, too. It has been a year like no other; I loved many moments of 2010. It was truly a year of challenge.

As for next year, I hope the word that will capture 2011 will be: "Discovery." In the months ahead, I hope to discover and articulate my authentic self and make that self a reality. I also hope to discover new places, new people (or discover people I already know in new ways), new foods, and new experiences.


The prompt for December 2nd: Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)

Response: I procrastinate when it comes to writing outside of work (i.e. writing for fun). I can eliminate this behavior by requiring 10 minutes a day of genuine writing time in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment