1.26.2011

Words.

lamp

The power of words never ceases to amaze me. Today I heard words used to lift up and I heard words used to tear down. Words can be toxic. Words can be healing.

Tonight, I feel compelled to become a non-toxic user of words, so I'm going to try to go all day tomorrow without saying a single word that will tear another person down. This will be tricky and challenging....nothing negative about another human all day. I'm not one to sit around and berate people or gossip or say terrible things. But, I do probably say plenty of things that are less than affirming of others. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Feel free to join me for the experiment. Here are two Bible verses for added incentive....

Proverbs 16:24:
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

Ephesians 4:29:
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment