8.06.2011

Cookin' It Up: Oatmeal

Cookin it



My true loves are avocados.
I just adore them.
I'd consider marrying them.
But since I live in a place where avocado marriage is not allowed,
I'll stick to eating some guacamole now and then and call it good.

But really, I do love avocados.
Since they are pretty expensive and high in calories, I rarely buy them.

Instead of continuing this avocado love story, I'd like to switch gears and
tell you about my 2nd favorite food: OATMEAL! I love oatmeal and I eat it almost every day.
Here is ONE of my favorite oatmeal recipes.

-Bring water to boil (I use a shallow pan because I think it boils faster)
-Add oatmeal
-Add some coconut
-Add some raisins/cranberries/other dried berry
-After you put the oatmeal in your bowl, add maple syrup
-Then add a scoop of peanut butter

Yes, it is good.
Try it!
I feel like I have already shared this idea at some point.
Well, that is just further proof that you need to try this yummy food!
Get to work. You'll like it.

Oatmeal

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea of adding your coconut, etc in the pan. Cooks together then. Will try next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado is a food that I don't think I could live without....soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete