2.19.2013

Food Star of the Week: Veggies in the Morning



In order to get enough servings of fruits and veggies each day, I recently realized I really need to incorporate vegetables in the morning.  Here's one of my new favorites.   I make it in the GT Express, but you can make it in the microwave or on the stove, too.

Egg White Veggie Delight

Untitled
Here are the ingredients(I ended up not using the turkey pepperoni).

Step 1: Cook mushrooms

Untitled
I used 3 mushrooms.

Step 2: Add in leftover veggies from last night or frozen veggies
(I used carrots and asparagus)

Untitled

Step 3: Add in egg whites (I recently started buying them in a box of liquid egg whites)

Step 4: Cook for about 6-7 minutes (if you're using the GT express)

Untitled

Step 5: Enjoy!

PS:  It's extra good with a little salsa or red pepper flakes on top!

PPS:  What's your favorite veggie for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment