2.16.2013

Fountain, Minnesota



Have you ever been to Fountain, Minnesota?
I can now answer that question with a "yes" response.
Today, I put a pause on the sermon preparations and column writing to join my mom for a mini-road-trip!

We stopped at Drury's to look at furniture.
And then we had lunch at Village Square.

This little road trip was just the ticket to get the day started off right.
I'm home now and feeling invigorated.  

The company was delightful and the food was delicious!

I highly recommend making a trip to Fountain.


Untitled
Step #1: Hydrate at Kwik Trip.

Untitled
Step #2: Explore the furniture store.

Untitled
Step #3: Be reminded for the 1,000,004th time that I need to read "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck. I seriously see this book EVERYWHERE. And I even own a copy, but I haven't read it. Today it was part of one of the displays at the furniture store. Apparently, I really must read this book!

Untitled
Step #4: Enjoy chicken and biscuits! YUM! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH BISCUITS lately. Seriously. I just love carbs carbs carbs. I'm starting a "Clean Eating Challenge" Monday with some Facebook friends. No processed carbs allowed; that should be a fun adventure.

Untitled
Step #5: Speaking of carbs...Mom and I also enjoyed some dessert!

Untitled
Isn't this sign so sweet? We didn't go in, though. Maybe next time....to "meat" some friends.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Our families both live in Lincolnton, NC, where Lincolnton Furniture is made!

    ReplyDelete