3.22.2013

Friday Explorations

I have such a random assortment of items for today's post!
Grandmas, England, Nutrition, and Word of the Week!

First off, I wanted to tell you how happy I was to find my England travel journal this morning!  I hadn't looked at it for quite awhile.  I went to England for a month in 2004. Dr. Scholtz made us keep a travel journal.  And I am SO thankful he did.  I found some of the photos from the trip, too.  Here's one.  It was taken during the best boat ride of my entire life.  I even found the travel journal entry about it:


Untitled

It's still very snow-covered here in Minnesota.  It felt great to pause for a few moments this morning and remember one of the best moments of my life. 

As I was digging around for travel photos from England, I bumped into this gem.
It's my grandmas and I on my baptism day.
Grandma Carson and Grandma Hundley.

In pastor life, yesterday I had two pre-baptism visits with families in preparation to baptisms of their children coming up this weekend.  I love those visits with families.  I love to share how baptism is a 100% gift from God.  It's grace.  It's gift.  It's love.    

It was especially fun to find this photo and think about that special day in July of 1983.  



Have you ever heard of the Dr. Fuhrman food pyramid?
I have done a bunch of nutrition reading lately, and I think this is my favorite so far.

He also created a food scale called ANDI (Aggregate Nutrient Density Index).
Here's the full scoop.   It seems very interesting and smart to me.
To maintain optimal health, a person should eat the highest amount of micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) per calorie.   Here are some of the foods that rank highest on the ANDI scale (a scale from 1 to 1000):


I also like the Nu-Val scale that Hy-Vee uses.

Next week we will return to Word of the Week on Friday.
I hope you'll share some photos!
Here's the word....


PS: I get to see my FAVORITE BAND IN CONCERT THIS WEEKEND!  Local Natives.

PPS: As a SUPER BONUS, John Mayer announced yesterday that he's going on tour this summer.  So I'll hopefully get to see my favorite musician in concert this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment