3.27.2013

Smoothie Love


First of all, did you know there was a song called "You're An Old Smoothie"?!?!?!
My friend Gordy told me about yesterday!


Now it's time for a smoothie recipe!  And a juicer recipe!

Sometimes I am ravenous for a sweet treat, but I don't want to necessarily consume a bunch of sugar or calories.  I just made this little yum-yum last night.

Untitled

Ingredients:
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 cup ice
1 tablespoon dandy blend or instant coffee or instant decaf coffee
1 teaspoon of cocoa
1 teaspoon of pb2 or peanut butter {optional}

It wasn't quite sweet enough for me, so I added some stevia at the end and then it was perfect!

Untitled

You just blend it all up and gulp it down!  Delicious!
Tastes like a fancy coffee drink.
But it's actually quite healthy!

Untitled

And now for this morning's juicer creation:


So happy and green!


It was made with:

2 giant carrots
About 6 or 7 pieces of large kale
1 apple
1 lime

So refreshing!

And don't forget - this week's word!
Hopefully it's one that everyone can participate in!
So far I've only received one photo, so that means I need some major help by Friday!
Please send your pic today.




No comments:

Post a Comment