4.09.2013

Smoothie Love



In addition to my fondness for juicing nearly everything under the sun, I've continued to make delicious smoothies a few time a week for breakfast.  Over time, I've cut back on the sweetness of my smoothies.

This smoothie is not as sweet as some of my other favorites, but I think it's still really good.  Because it is lower in banana and sweetened almond milk, it also has less calories and is more stabilizing for blood sugar.  Here's today's smoothie!

1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup cold water
1 handful spinach
1/2 cup frozen fruit
1/2 of a frozen banana
1 tsp chia {optional}
1 tsp flax {optional}
1 or 2 tsp raw honey {optional}



A few other tasty treats I've been enjoying lately....

Green grapes {I need to buy some additional storage containers, but this seems to be working in the meantime}

Strawberries

Noosa yoghurt!  This stuff is sooooo delicious!  It's pricy, but the containers are a little bit larger than your standard yogurt. My favorite is strawberry rhubarb.  Local folks: I've seen this sold at the HyVee in Rochester as well as Fareway in Stewartville.  

How about you?
What have you been gobbling on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment