6.28.2013

When you need an extra dose of energy....

Hey folks.  It's weekend time.

I'm in the midst of what feels like a pastoral marathon and could definitely use an extra prayer for energy.

Wedding weekend at church last weekend, preached last Sunday, it was VBS week, newspaper column to write, wedding rehearsal and dinner this evening, leading/creating a Good Earth Village presentation tomorrow morning for 50 wonderful Women of the ELCA ladies, a wedding tomorrow afternoon, an evening wedding reception, preaching on Sunday and leading worship solo, and then presiding at a Girl Scout worship at 11:30am in Rochester.  It's all WONDERFUL stuff, and I'm so thankful to be able to be part of it.  

But I could definitely use an extra dose of spunk!

I'm praying for great sleep tonight and plenty of energy.

I know many pastors and folks of all professions have vocational/life plates that are full.  I don't think I'm unique in terms of having lots of to do. But I definitely need some pointers on how to keep the energy levels up!  What helps you when you need energy pizazz?

Hope you're feeling great and surrounded by love!


1 comment:

  1. 1) I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do drink tea like it's my job. Sometimes even decaf tea can still give me (the illusion of) an extra boost.
    2) The music I listen to makes a HUGE difference in my mood and outlook. I've got a smattering of upbeat/peppy playlists that I whip out in times of low energy.
    3) Having a background in outdoor ministry, I sing/dance a wake-up or silly song from camp to get me going.
    4) A dear friend of mine always says "eyebrows up!" that way even if you feel tired, you'll look more awake (and end up perhaps convincing yourself that you are).

    Best of luck! I totally understand the whole marathon-of-busy-ness; I'm going to have to use some of these tips myself today.

    ReplyDelete