7.23.2013

Zucchini and Eggplant Fries


It's zucchini time! I've gotten quite a few zucchini my weekly CSA boxes lately. In an attempt to find a new, delicious way to eat my zucchini and Asian eggplant, I did some kitchen experimentation. There are just a few ingredients in these zucchini and eggplant "fries."

For each zucchini/eggplant that you'd like to turn into "fries", you'll need the following:

1/4 cup mayo
1 tablespoon fresh parsley (or more if you have more)
2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese

Here are a few simple instructions.

#1: Mix up these 3 ingredients in a bowl.



#2: Cut up the zucchini and eggplant into fry-size pieces. When I make this again, I'll cut mine into thinner strips so they cook faster. Take a moment to press out any excess water from your veggies. This will help them cook faster as well. 



#3: Coat each piece with a thin layer of the mayo mixture.


#4: Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes (flip them half-way through the cooking time).
Bake until they reach your desired crispiness and then let them cool for a few minutes.



2 comments:

  1. These look delicious. can't wait to try this...and surprise my 14 year olds!
    -Carol

    ReplyDelete