11.23.2013

Saturday is here!

Saturday is here! John Mayer. In concert. Tonight. 7pm.

THIS excited.

And then tomorrow is the annual pie auction between services at church. Fun!

Then, it's very nearly Thanksgiving. Are you ready?


Here are a few lovely lines from Mary Oliver's poem: "This World"

"So fancy is this world, who knows, maybe the stars sing, too, 
and the aunts, and the peonies, and the warm stones, 
so happy to be where they are, on the beach, instead of being 
locked up in gold."

Fancy world. I love those words together.

Have you noticed any fancy things about our world lately?

There's a little ground squirrel who lives in my backyard. I have seen him almost every morning for many months. He's adorable. And fancy.

And although I generally think the snow is hideous,
sometimes early in the morning...when I am viewing it from a distance...inside my warm house - 
the snow is pretty fancy, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment