9.03.2014

Staff Retreat Recap

Good evening!

Sorry for the spotty posts lately. I'm hoping to get back into a daily pattern soon. Life has been a bit extra bananas lately.

For the last two days I was at the Mount Olivet Conference and Retreat Center in Farmington for our synod staff retreat. We arrived Tuesday afternoon and left today around 3pm. It is a beautiful facility. Our team-building time was excellent. I feel immensely thankful to be part of that crew.

During our time together, we talked about our strengths as discerned through StrengthsFinder. Have you ever worked with it before? It's a helpful tool! It was especially helpful to see the variety of strengths we have throughout the group! Very interesting. We talked about these strength domains:


On a personal level, it was helpful to name my 5 strengths and consider how to spend more of my day living into them (in no particular order).

  1. Learner
  2. Input
  3. Strategic
  4. Achiever
  5. Futuristic

We also pre-read a book and then discussed it together. The book was "Give Us This Day" by Craig Nessan. It's only about 70-80 pages. I highly recommend it!

Did you know we actually, literally live in a time when hunger COULD be eradicated? It isn't some pie-in-the-sky impossible dream. It really could happen. There is enough food grown in the world that every single inhabitant could have 3,500 calories a day.

I will share more about this book and hunger soon! It's an issue that's taking up a larger and larger slice of my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment