10.24.2015

Sermonizing


Weekend highlights thus far...
  • Alison visited! One of my very best friends in the universe. We were freshman year roomies at Wartburg. 
  • And in a few hours...brother time! Because he's visiting, too. 
  • Tomorrow: preaching/pulpit supplying and two coffee visits in the afternoon! Maybe a visit to the gym is also in order. 
I'm looking forward to preaching tomorrow for the first time in ages. I took a pause on extra Sunday commitments and pulpit supply over the summer months because I now work M-F and adding Sundays can be a lot during already intense times. But life is balancing back out, and it feels good to be reincorporating worship leading and preaching.

It's a little bananas at work right now due to staff transitions and a variety of factors. But very energizing and life-giving, too. 


Tomorrow's text is Mark 10:46-52:

They came to Jericho. As he and his disciples and a large crowd were leaving Jericho, Bartimaeus son of Timaeus, a blind beggar, was sitting by the roadside. When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout out and say, ‘Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!’ Many sternly ordered him to be quiet, but he cried out even more loudly, ‘Son of David, have mercy on me!’ Jesus stood still and said, ‘Call him here.’ And they called the blind man, saying to him, ‘Take heart; get up, he is calling you.’ So throwing off his cloak, he sprang up and came to Jesus. Then Jesus said to him, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ The blind man said to him, ‘My teacher, let me see again.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Go; your faith has made you well.’ Immediately he regained his sight and followed him on the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment