4.28.2016

Synod Assembly Time

In my professional/vocational life, I serve as the Director of Communications for the Southeastern Minnesota Synod. Every year there's an event called Synod Assembly. All 65 synods of the ELCA have a Synod Assembly.

Our gathering will be next Friday-Saturday (May 6-7) at the Mayo Civic Center.

This is the busiest time of year for my job, so I won't be posting much for the next 9-10 days!

Follow along by visiting http://semnsynod.org/assembly2016.

Once the Assembly begins on Friday, the awesome folks of the social media team will be posting on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #churchtogether2016. This year's theme is "We are Church Together for the Sake of the World." We've got awesome speakers lined up and a very engaging approach to Bible study.

Thank you for your warm thoughts and encouraging prayers for the people of our synod as we approach this important, engaging event!

PS: This weekend my cousin and his kids are visiting Friday night-Sunday morning. Sunday morning. I'm preaching/presiding for two services at Fountain & Root Prairie for their Confirmation Sunday. Sunday evening is my colleague Kathy's going away celebration at Good Earth Village. The days and nights are full and life is good!