10.17.2017

Blade Runner 2049



Generally I'm not into big-budget action movies...primarily because there's usually too much violence for my taste and a lack of meaningful story and character development.

I have never seen the original Blade Runner film, and I had absolutely no expectations about Blade Runner 2049. 

When Justin suggested we go to a movie last Saturday, I was ALL IN because it was a rainy day, and movies on rainy days are delightful. 

He had wanted to see Blade Runner 2049, and after we noticed an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes, we decided to go for it.  

I thought it was excellent! I'd give it 9 out of 10. Great script. Great acting. 

The special effects are incredible, and the story is very compelling. There are all sorts of twists and turns. There were three points in the film when the violence was too unappealing for me so I closed my eyes. I'm quite prone to nightmares so I have to be really careful about the images that go in. Other than that, I liked the film a lot. 

If you see it, you'll have to let me know! I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment