11.14.2017

Lutheran Campus Center

What a marvelous conference meeting worship service at the Lutheran Campus Center in Winona this morning! This bulletin cover is a portion of a beautiful Jan Richardson poem that Pastor Corrine read during the service.

It was a true gift to breathe and sing and connect today with the folks of the Root River Conference earlier today. There are five conferences in the synod, and they are each comprised of such great leaders. Fills my heart with hope.

It was also so inspiring to hear the stories of how the students and staff of the Lutheran Campus Center are advocating for love, peace, creativity and justice. Check them out online and consider making a financial gift for Give to the Max Day on Thursday!

After the conference gathering I made my way to Chicago. Tomorrow begins the two-day training.

Driving on I-90 today was quite nostalgic. I lived in Chicago from 2005 to 2009. Looking back, I can hardly believe I was brave enough to move to this big city just a month after turning 22.

It's nice to be back and I'm looking forward to visiting the ELCA churchwide offices for the first time ever tomorrow!

I hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment